Wednesday, November 30, 2011
nothing compares 2 u
I apologize for not posting in a while. I've been under the weather, crazy busy with school, and just being a lazy bum. I'd like to tell you guys a little story though. The other day I was talking to my friend about a mutual friend (this mutual friend is more like an acquaintance. one of those people who you smile to and ask how their summer vacation was and that you "missed them so much" but you really didn't. I mean, they might be nice people but on most days it's just a nuisance when you walk by them and have to have a two minute conversation about nothing with them). Anyways, my friend said, "You know those people who just have naturally, permanent bad breath?" And i was said, "no, oh god, is this a hint??" And he said, "no no, but you know, like _________(insert name of a particular girl here). Now, I was flabbergasted. This girl is PERFECT. She has the nicest teeth, and she is so FRIENDLY, and smart (SO SMART) and she is SO skinny but has big boobs and small feet and pretty clothes and she saves children in third world countries and doesn't even gossip. And so, for a few seconds (a few days, really), for some reason I was happy that this girl had at least one thing wrong with her. But then, this is exactly the problem in the world!! Why should I hate this girl? She is great. She is actually great. If she was a guy I would really, really, really, want to date her. Another story: one of my friends got punched in the face by a girl who found out my friend was the other woman. My friend didn't even know that her "boyfriend" was dating someone else. So why did she get punched? Because girls always blame girls and get jealous of girls. I'm pretty sure it's not an innate thing in girls to be bitches. I think we're all lovely. We're just so caught up in this jealousy train that it's fucking us up.
Girls are constantly against one another. It's true. Girls constantly post bad photos of their girl friends on Facebook. I think they must think that juxtaposed to the carefully selected photos they posted of themselves in the same album that they'll look ten times better. But why does it have to be a competition? Why are we so secretly upset when other girls get scholarships or found a new boyfriend or got new boots? God, we really need to re-prioritize our lives and then maybe those poor African children could be saved by now. I'm not sure if this makes sense. I've had three cups of coffee this morning and a couple prescription pills.
Here's a link for your reading pleasure. Good luck on exams and labs, guys (and girls too! I wish you the best!! just make sure you don't buy nicer boots than me).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment